Date PostedNovember 11, 2021
Expiration dateDecember 5, 2021
Language of InstructionEnglish
Grade(s)Not Grade Specific
DEPUTY PRINCIPAL FOR JUPITER PRIMARY SCHOOL
Jupiter Primary School is seeking a dynamic deputy principal to provide support to the principal and school management team while working collaboratively with the School Operating Partner – Education Ally to improve the governance and leadership structures of the school, teacher expertise and learner results.
Jupiter Primary School is looking for a candidate who will have high expectations of all learners and a belief in their potential to succeed in life. This position also requires a great deal of after-hours commitment.
The successful candidate shall be appointed on an SGB contract.
The core responsibilities:
- To assist the school management team in leading the school; actively champion, support and implement the collaboration school interventions
- Provide professional leadership and drive the school’s pedagogic approach, in close collaboration with the School Operating Partner
- Collaboratively shape the direction and development of the school through driving the development and implementation of a shared vision, culture and ethos
- Provide support and leadership to the SGB and broader school community
- Lead and monitor the work of the SMT and hold team accountable for high quality teaching and learning
- Develop and empower all staff and be the ethical example
- Manage the human resources of the school, including health, safety and security
- Manage the school as an organisation with a focus on financial, infrastructure and maintenance
- Promote and manage extra and co-curricular activities
The appointee in this role must ideally have the following:
- A minimum of 5 years of Senior Management Team experience, preferably at the deputy level
- At least a recognized three-year (3) NQF level 6 qualification (REQV 13)
- In-depth knowledge of Gr1- Gr7 curriculum
- Certification through the South African Council of Educators (SACE)
- Valid driver’s license
- Police clearance certificate
The successful candidate should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Be an effective builder of teams
- Build sound relationships with students, parents, community and other stakeholders
- Action orientated and focused on results
- Able to make sound decisions and possess critical thinking skills
- Able to communicate with impact and influence
- Possess self-insight, self-awareness and have a love of learning
- Have unquestionable values of professionalism, respect for all, honesty and accountability
Employment type and salary
This is a full-time position with the School Governing Body of Langa High School. The salary range is R400 000 – R420 000 per annum plus retirement and medical benefits to the successful candidate depending on experience.
An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview or appointment. Applicants who fail to meet the minimum requirements will be automatically disqualified from consideration. Applicants who do not receive a reply within one month of submission should deem their application to have been unsuccessful. We reserve the right not to fill the position.
All the necessary COVID19 precautions are in place
Closing Date: 4 December 2021
Applications can be sent to: email@example.com