Date PostedNovember 19, 2021
Expiration dateJanuary 6, 2022
Language of InstructionSesotho
Grade(s)Not Grade Specific
St Stithians College is a proudly South African school, embracing diversity and offering a distinctive educational experience. Founded as a Methodist Church School, our Christian spirituality is central to our identity. Our College consists of primary and secondary boys’ and girls’ schools, together with a co-educational junior primary school. We are an independent, non-profit institution located on an expansive green campus in Sandton, Johannesburg. In addition, St Stithians incorporates Kamoka Bush School near Modimolle, St Stithians Online School and the Thandulwazi Maths & Science Academy on our Campus. As a College, we are intent on Inspiring Excellence and Making a World of Difference.
Within the Girls’ College we strive to produce confident young women who are able to lead a life of conviction and purpose. The College’s Methodist focus offers our young women important guiding principles enabling of this life of purpose which is central to the Saints Honour Code, namely “Honour God, Honour others and Honour self”. The Girls’ College provides a safe, nurturing and inclusive community where young women are encouraged to explore, experiment and investigate.
The Girls’ College seeks a passionate and innovative applicant for the abovementioned position which will be available from 1 May 2022 (negotiable).
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced individuals who believe they have the required skills and competencies to take on this position.
The requirements for this position are:
- A suitable professional qualification and appropriate educational experience in the subject.
- Sound knowledge of the GET and FET Sesotho curriculum.
- Relevant teaching qualification from a recognised institution.
- The ability and experience in teaching up to Grade 12 is an advantage.
- A keen interest in growing and expanding the Sesotho language and culture within the school.
- The ability to work within and contribute to a dynamic faculty.
- A passion for teaching and for the young people whose learning you would be expected to inspire.
- Willingness to embrace rapid changes in education and an interest and ability to integrate IT and online and distance learning into your teaching and learning.
- A sound and progressive understanding of the South African curriculum and international trends in education.
- A willingness to work within the values, Christian ethos and mission of the College as well as to participate in the broader life of the school, including extra murals.
- Proof of registration with SACE.
- Any staff member working within a school is required to have a sexual offender’s clearance certificate.
To apply please click on the following link before the closing date of 5 January 2022 https://stithianjobs.mcidirecthire.com/
Applications received via email will not be considered. Applications must be done via the link above only.
A letter of motivation should be included in your online application.
St Stithians College is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes appointments within the context of its transformation imperatives
The College reserves the right not to proceed with this post. Applications are invited from South African citizens. An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview or appointment and failure to meet the minimum requirements of the advertised post will result in applications automatically disqualifying themselves from consideration.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted
St Stithians College, in line with POPIA (Protection of Personal Information Act) will attempt to ensure the confidentiality of all applicants for this role. All reasonable measures will be in place to protect personal information but will be used in the recruitment, selection, and reporting process. By submitting your application for this position, you are recognising and accepting this disclaimer