St Stithians Girls' Preparatory - Deputy Head - Girl's Education
- Post Date:31st Mar 2021
- Views 333
St Stithians College is a proudly South African school, embracing diversity and offering a distinctive educational experience. Founded as a Methodist Church School, our Christian spirituality is central to our identity. Our College consists of primary and secondary boys’ and girls’ schools, together with a co-educational junior primary school. We are an independent, non-profit institution located on an expansive green campus in Sandton, Johannesburg. In addition, St Stithians incorporates Kamoka Bush School near Modimolle, and the Thandulwazi Maths & Science Academy on our Campus. As a College, we are intent on Inspiring Excellence and Making a World of Difference.
Our primary intention is to educate and empower girls, raising them in ways that are responsive to the challenges unique to women. We aim to be the leaders in girls’ education, with the focus on nurturing individual skills and dispositions, equipping girls to engage confidently and with a sense of purpose. Our girls work within a values-based framework in order to make decisions with good intent. The South African context is diverse and dynamic. We raise girls to embrace their heritage and collaborate locally to make a significant contribution nationally and internationally.
Deputy Head – Girls’ Education
Due to restructuring, we have had the opportunity to re-design the Girls’ Prep Executive, which has resulted in the following position being made available: Deputy Head – Girls’ Education (focusing on all student matters; development of a girl child both academically and emotionally, discipline, girl empowerment and leadership).
The Girls’ Preparatory invites applications for the position of a full-time Deputy Head – Girls’ Education available from 1 September 2021 (negotiable).
• A suitable professional qualification and appropriate educational experience, particularly in Girls’ Education
• Vast experience in dealing with and managing transformation and diversity matters
• Experience in facilitating student leadership and girl empowerment programmes
• Understands the pastoral care, socio-emotional and discipline matters facing girls
• The ability to foster and sustain positive relationships with all stakeholders
• Understanding of the SEL Curriculum and the ability to teach Mathematics/Senior subjects in Intermediate and/or Senior phase would be advantageous
• A sound and progressive understanding of the South African curriculum and international trends in education and be willing to teach
• An understanding of integrating Girls’ Education into the curriculum, Arts & Culture and Extramural Programmes
• An understanding of the Africanisation (Decolonisation) of the curriculum would be advantageous
• An understanding of budget management and financial planning
• A high level of organisational, managerial, administrative and communication skills
• Previous experience in a leadership position within an ISASA school would be advantageous
• Proof of registration with SACE and a sexual offender’s clearance certificate
• An awareness of the nature of the school and willingness to commit to its all-round ethos, co-curricular activities and pastoral approach
• A willingness to work within the Methodist Church based ethos of the College
To apply please click on the following link before the closing date of 23 April 2021 https://stithian.jb.skillsmapafrica.com/ Applications received via email will not be considered. Applications must be done via the link above only Please note that due to technical issues applicants should use a PC and not a phone, notepad, etc. to create an account
St Stithians College is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes appointments within the context of its transformation imperatives