2022 GC Faculty Director Commerce & Technology
- Post Date:10th Sep 2021
- Views 47
Inspiring Excellence. Making a World of Diﬀerence
St Stithians College is a proudly South African school, embracing diversity and offering a distinctive educational experience. Founded as a Methodist Church School, our Christian spirituality is central to our identity. Our College consists of primary and secondary boys’ and girls’ schools, together with a co-educational junior primary school. We are an independent, non-profit institution located on an expansive green campus in Sandton, Johannesburg. In addition, St Stithians incorporates Kamoka Bush School near Modimolle, and the Thandulwazi Maths & Science Academy on our Campus. As a College, we are intent on Inspiring Excellence and Making a World of Difference.
GIRLS’ COLLEGE – Faculty Director Commerce & Technology
Within the Girls’ College we strive to produce confident students who are able to lead a life of conviction and purpose.
The College’s Methodist focus offers our students important guiding principles enabling of this life of purpose which is central to the Saints Honour Code, namely “Honour God, Honour others and Honour self”. The Girls’ College provides a safe, nurturing and inclusive community where our students are encouraged to explore, experiment and investigate.
The Girls’ College seeks to employ a passionate and innovative academic leader. The areas of commerce and technology are growing areas in our College. Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced individuals who believe they have the required skills and competencies to take on this senior leadership position from 1 January 2022 (negotiable). The Faculty Director of Commerce and Technology is responsible for academic leadership, innovation and curriculum design and is accountable for the quality and success of all academic activities, services and stakeholders within the faculty; including staff members, students, parents and the Girls’ College community at large.
The requirements for this position are:
- A suitable professional qualification and appropriate educational experience, minimum five years
- Previous experience in an IEB school is an advantage
- The ability to be an integral and visionary member of the academic team
- The ability to teach Accountancy at a senior level, Grade 12 experience is mandatory, heading up Accountancy as a subject
- An interest and vision for a student-centred holistic education programme
- A willingness to embrace rapid changes in education and an interest and ability to integrate IT into planning, administration and organisation
- A sound and progressive understanding of the South African curriculum and international trends in girls’ education
- An in-depth understanding of learning within the commercial subjects, namely Accounting, Business Studies and EMS
- An interest and passion in overseeing technology focused subjects, namely, D&T, IT and CAT
- A passion and commitment to developing an entrepreneurial focused curriculum in the Girls’ College
- A high level of organisational, administrative, budget management and communication skills
- A willingness to work within the values, Christian ethos and mission of the College as well as to participate in the broader life of the school, including extra mural activities
- Proof of registration with SACE supported by a sexual offender’s clearance certificate
To apply please click on the following link before the closing date of 24 September 2021 https://stithianjobs.mcidirecthire.com/
Applications received via email will not be considered. Applications must be done via the link above only
St Stithians College is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes appointments within the context of its transformation imperatives
The College reserves the right not to proceed with this post. Applications are invited from South African citizens. An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview or appointment and failure to meet the minimum requirements of the advertised post will result in applications automatically disqualifying themselves from consideration. Only short listed candidates will be contacted
St Stithians College, in line with POPIA (Protection of Personal Information Act) will attempt to ensure the confidentiality of all applicants for this role. All reasonable measures will be in place to protect personal information but will be used in the recruitment, selection, and reporting process. By submitting your application for this position, you are recognising and accepting this disclaimer