Junior Preparatory Teacher
- Post Date:10th Sep 2021
- Views 141
Inspiring Excellence. Making a World of Diﬀerence
St Stithians College is a proudly South African school, embracing diversity and offering a distinctive educational experience. Founded as a Methodist Church School, our Christian spirituality is central to our identity. Our College consists of primary and secondary boys’ and girls’ schools, together with a co-educational junior primary school. We are an independent, non-profit institution located on an expansive green campus in Sandton, Johannesburg. In addition, St Stithians incorporates Kamoka Bush School near Modimolle, and the Thandulwazi Maths & Science Academy on our Campus. As a College, we are intent on Inspiring Excellence and Making a World of Difference.
JUNIOR PREPARATORY TEACHER
The Junior Prep is known as the Gateway to St Stithians College and offers co-ed education for Grades RR to 2. Our Christian values and innovative curriculum provide a strong foundation for life and learning. Children are encouraged to explore their unique talents in our nurturing and supportive environment.
Junior Prep Teacher
The College invites applications for the abovementioned position which will be available from 1 January 2022.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced individuals who believe they have the required skills and competencies to take on this position.
The requirements for this position are:
- A suitable professional qualification and appropriate educational experience, specialising in Foundation Phase and/or ECD education
- A sound and progressive understanding of the South African curriculum, inquiry based learning, the Reggio Emilia Philosophy, and international trends in education
- A passion for teaching with a creative curriculum and an understanding of the development of young children
- The ability to foster and sustain positive relationships with all stakeholders
- An ability to be flexible, innovative and dynamic
- Computer literacy and experience in integrating IT with learning and teaching
- A fundamentally future-orientated approach to education
- An unequivocal commitment to working as part of an accomplished team
- A commitment to on-going personal and professional development
- An awareness of the nature of St Stithians and willingness to commit to its all-round ethos, co-curricular activities, and pastoral approach
- A willingness to work within the values, Methodist Christian ethos, and mission of the College as well as participation in the broader life of the Junior Prep. Ensures that diversity and inclusion is fundamental to all actions.
- Proof of registration with SACE supported by a sexual offender’s clearance certificate
To apply please click on the following link before the closing date of 16 September 2021 https://stithianjobs.mcidirecthire.com/
Applications received via email will not be considered. Applications must be done via the link above only.
St Stithians College is an Equal Opportunity Employer
The College reserves the right not to proceed with this post. Applications are invited from South African citizens. An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview or appointment and failure to meet the minimum requirements of the advertised post will result in applications automatically disqualifying themselves from consideration. Only short listed candidates will be contacted