Academic Support Specialist
- Post Date:10th Aug 2021
- Views 130
St Stithians College is a proudly South African school, embracing diversity and offering a distinctive educational experience. Founded as a Methodist Church School, our Christian spirituality is central to our identity. Our College consists of primary and secondary boys’ and girls’ schools, together with a co-educational junior primary school. We are an independent, non-profit institution located on an expansive green campus in Sandton, Johannesburg. In addition, St Stithians incorporates Kamoka Bush School near Modimolle, and the Thandulwazi Maths& Science Academy on our Campus. As a College, we are intent on Inspiring Excellence and Making a World of Difference.
Our primary intention is to educate and empower girls, raising them in ways that are responsive to the challenges unique to women. We aim to be the leaders in girls’ education, with the focus on nurturing individual skills and dispositions, equipping girls to engage confidently and with a sense of purpose. Our girls work within a values-based framework in order to make decisions with good intent. The South African context is diverse and dynamic. We raise girls to embrace their heritage and collaborate locally to make a significant contribution nationally and internationally.
ACADEMIC SUPPORT SPECIALIST
The Girls’ Preparatory invites applications for the above-mentioned full-time position which will be available from 1 January 2022. Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced individuals who believe they have the required skills, disposition, and competencies to take on this position.
The requirements for this position are:
• Suitable teaching qualification with at least four years teaching experience
• Suitable qualifications in Learning Support/Inclusive Education as a post-graduate qualification will be advantageous
• A fundamentally future-oriented approach to teaching and learning, incorporating future-fit technologies
• Expert knowledge, a commitment to, and experience in an inclusive education environment
• Sound understanding of the strategies and latest research to assist learners with barriers to learning
• Ability to work collaboratively with teachers while providing in-class support in mixed ability classes
• Expertise in the development and design of individual support plans as well as individual education plans
• The ability to contribute to the Girls’ Preparatory SEL (Social and Emotional Learning) curriculum – teaching experience in this field would be an advantage
• The ability to differentiate and moderate the curriculum to complement our innovative approach to education
• Experience or an understanding of inquiry-based learning would be an advantage
• Needs to contribute with innovation and enthusiasm to the afternoon learning support programme
• A well-developed EQ, mindfulness and emotional agility
• Excellent analytical, communication, intrapersonal and administrative skills
• A willingness to research and share latest trends in latest and best inclusive practice
• Promotes and embraces diversity and inclusion
• Proof of registration with SACE and sexual offender’s clearance certificate
• An awareness of the nature of the school and willingness to commit to its all-round ethos, co-curricular activities and pastoral approach
• A willingness to work within the Church-based/Christian ethos of the College
To apply please click on the following link before the closing date of 25 August 2021 https://stithianjobs.mcidirecthire.com/
Applications received via email will not be considered. Applications must be done via the link above only.
The College reserves the right not to proceed with this post. Applications are invited from South African citizens. An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview or appointment and failure to meet the minimum requirements of the advertised post will result in applications automatically disqualifying themselves from consideration.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
St Stithians College, in line with POPIA (Protection of Personal Information Act) will attempt to ensure the confidentiality of all applicants for this role. All reasonable measures will be in place to protect personal information but will be used in the recruitment, selection, and reporting process. By submitting your application for this position, you are recognising and accepting this disclaimer.