Apex High School - School Administrative Clerk
- Post Date:17th May 2021
- Views 396
Apex High School
Eerste River, Cape Town
Seeking passionate, committed educator ready to contribute to a school of excellence
School Administrative Clerk – Fixed term SGB post
Apex High School is a new no-fee parallel medium public high school that opened in January 2018. The school has partnered with Acorn Education (www.acorneducation.org.za) as part of the Collaboration Schools Pilot Programme – a public private partnership programme in the Western Cape. Apex High will have its first Matric class in 2021.
The School Governing Body of Apex High School invites applications from administrative clerks/ school secretaries with a track record of success, strong character, superior relationship skills and a focus on fostering a collaborative school community. The school will champion a high expectations culture for both learners and staff to build a school of excellence. All staff will benefit from ongoing professional development and mentorship customised to your specific role and needs.
- Grade 12 National Senior Certificate
- Business Management/Secretarial N6 Certificate
- Previous school administrative clerk experience would be advantageous
- Own transport is essential
- Be computer literate and MS Office proficient
- A professional with an eye for detail
- Strong verbal communication skills for the helpful and polite communication of information
- Strong written communication skills
- Able to form good relationships with parents, learners, staff, and visitors
- Able to stay calm and maintain a sense of humour under pressure
- A good team player
- Flexible, adaptable, and able to multitask
- Experienced and confident in the use of ICT
- Ability to perform routine tasks
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to operate office equipment
- Thoroughly professional, understanding issues of confidentiality and the need to protect the welfare of children
- Able to perform accurately under pressure
Some of the core duties involve:
- Office administrative tasks
- Capturing data
- Handling the admissions
- Management of CEMIS
Other requirements for this post:
- A clear criminal record is essential
- Positive attitude and co-operative
- Self-motivated, reliable, and professional at all times
- Must be aligned to our mission of developing the school into a school of excellence and willing to go the extra mile to achieve this mission
- Exhibit a genuine passion and a belief in the potential of learners
- Have a strong moral purpose, honest and loyal
- Be open to innovative ideas and deviating from the status quo
- Willing to work collaboratively within the framework of the Collaboration Schools Programme
- Be fluent in English and Afrikaans
|Application:||Please send a motivational cover letter, your CV, two recent work references and qualifications to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please specify which post you are applying for in the subject line of your e-mail application.
Applications close on 23 May 2021
|Start date:||As soon as possible|
The successful candidates will be required to undergo a police clearance check.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Should you not hear from us within two weeks of the closing date, please accept that your application was unsuccessful. The SGB reserves the right not to appoint any given position.