Apex Primary School - Grade 1 Educator (Afrikaans LOLT)
- Post Date:22nd Jan 2021
- Views 188
Apex Primary School is a new no-fee dual medium public primary school that opened in January 2020. The school is situated next to its sister school, Apex High School in Eerste River. Apex Primary currently offers Grade 1 – 5. The school has partnered with Acorn Education (www.acorneducation.org.za) as part of the Collaboration Schools Pilot Programme – a public private partnership programme in the Western Cape.
The School Governing Body of Apex Primary School invites applications from exceptional foundation phase teachers with a track record of success leading through inspiration, strong character, superior relationship skills and a focus on fostering a collaborative school community. The school will champion a high expectations culture for both learners and staff to build a school of excellence. All educators will benefit from ongoing professional development and mentorship customised to your specific role and needs.
We seek to fill the following teaching post:
An Afrikaans teacher for our Grade 1 class.
- Minimum requirement is a REQV14 qualification (matric + four years’ qualification)
- Newly qualified teachers are encouraged to apply.
- Must be qualified and trained to teach in the Foundation Phase.
- Certification through the South African Council of Educators (SACE) – proof of registration required.
- Must be aligned to our mission of developing the school into a school of excellence and willing to go the extra mile to achieve this mission.
- Exhibit a genuine passion and a belief in the potential of every learner.
- Have a strong moral purpose with an uncompromising approach to school improvement and raising attainment.
- A track record of leading successful learner interventions and improving learner outcomes.
- A track record of high expectations personally and professionally
- Be open to innovative ideas and deviating from the status quo.
- Willing to work collaboratively within the framework of the Collaboration Schools Programme
- Be fluent in English or Afrikaans.
- Be computer literate and MS Office proficient
If you are passionate about education, transforming young learners’ lives while using innovative education strategies, then this is an opportunity for you!
|Application:||Please send a motivational cover letter, your CV and two recent work references to email@example.com
Applications close on 28 January 2021
|Start date:||15 February 2021|
|Contract & Benefits:||These are full-time, permanent positions with the School Governing Body of Apex Primary School. The SGB offers a competitive salary and benefits package to the successful candidates. The successful candidates will be required to undergo a criminal background check.
|Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Should you not hear from us within two weeks of the closing date, please accept that your application was unsuccessful|