Business Studies Teacher (Gr.8-12)
- Post Date:23rd Sep 2021
- Apply Before: 30th Nov 2021
- Views 178
Brainline is looking for an enthusiastic candidate to join the Brainline Team.
If you have a passion for education, technology and people, this is the ideal opportunity for you to make a significant impact in students’ educational journey towards their National Senior Certificates.
This is a full-time contract position that will require the successful candidate to offer Business Studies to the Cloud School.
PLEASE NOTE THAT CONSIDERATION WILL ONLY BE GIVEN TO CANDIDATES WITH THE FOLLOWING:
- An appropriate university degree or equivalent and an appropriate professional qualification
- SACE membership
- Excellent organising skills
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) in both English and Afrikaans
- A passion for the subject
- The ability to work closely and cooperatively with colleagues
- The ability to manage both projects and a dynamic team
- A dynamic and motivated approach to teaching
- An active interest in distance education and the use of technology in the distance education environment
- A superb level of computer literacy (MS Word, MS PowerPoint, MS Outlook, Moodle)
- IEB experience is essential
ROLE / JOB PROFILE:
Subject / Teaching Responsibilities & Requirements
- Excellent knowledge of the CAPS/SAGS documents in order to implement innovative and relevant teaching and
- Good knowledge of and experience in teaching Business Studies at Gr 12 level (preferably in an IEB environment) and lower.
- Continuously foster an appreciation for the subject through the innovative use of technology and support.
- Give virtual classes according to set schedules.
- Virtual school administration
- Check students’ learning methods.
- Meet with parents to discuss student performance and conduct as and when required.
- Set lesson plans and learning schedules.
- Build resources of value and relevance.
- Provide student feedback, monitor attendance and performance, and advise on intervention where required.
- Active involvement in development and moderation of assessment where required. This includes:• Preparing learner profiles for IEB regional and/or national moderation.
• Managing the online subject content of Business Studies.
• Managing the computer-based marks of Business Studies.
• Participating in academic personnel development.
• Attending IEB conferences, clusters and workshops.
- Participate in normal operational duties at Brainline.
• A covering letter
• A current Curriculum Vitae
• Names and contact details of three referees.
Remuneration will be discussed during interviews only.
Your application should be addressed to the email@example.com.
Closing date for applications is 30 November 2021.
COMMENCEMENT DATE: As soon as possible.
WE RETAIN THE RIGHT NOT TO HIRE SOMEONE FOR THIS POSITION.
AN APPLICATION IN ITSELF DOES NOT GIVE AN APPLICANT THE RIGHT TO AN INTERVIEW.