BUSINESS STUDIES TEACHER
- Post Date:10th Jun 2021
- Apply Before: 25th Jun 2021
- Views 64
Inspiring Excellence. Making a World of Diﬀerence
St Stithians College is a proudly South African school, embracing diversity and offering a distinctive educational experience. Founded as a Methodist Church School, our Christian spirituality is central to our identity. Our College consists of primary and secondary boys’ and girls’ schools, together with a co-educational junior primary school. We are an independent, non-profit institution located on an expansive green campus in Sandton, Johannesburg. In addition, St Stithians incorporates Kamoka Bush School near Modimolle, and the Thandulwazi Maths & Science Academy on our Campus. As a College, we are intent on Inspiring Excellence and Making a World of Difference.
St Stithians Boys’ College is a leading South African boys’ school, which constantly strives for excellence in providing a relevant and rigorous education, and for best practice in the education of boys. As a Methodist school, we have a conscious focus on the “Saints Honour”, namely to ‘Honour God, Honour others and Honour self”.
Our “seven pillars” support the life of every boy at the Boys’ College: academics, sport, culture, community service, leadership, outdoor education and spirituality. Through these pillars, we encourage each boy to realise his maximum potential as a citizen of significance of this school and in our country, in a stimulating and safe environment.
Our mission, purpose and passion is to walk the path towards manhood with our boys, and support them as they emerge as “great young men”, ready to serve, lead, contribute and make a difference in our world and in the lives of others.
BUSINESS STUDIES TEACHER
Grade 8 – 12
The Boys’ College invites applications for the abovementioned position which will be available from 1 January 2022.
The requirements for this position are:
- A suitable professional qualification and appropriate educational experience
- Relevant teaching degree / diploma from a recognised institute and appropriate experience for the required subject
- Academic experience in IEB Matric marking would be an advantage
- An excellent all-round knowledge and passion for the subject
- A passion to develop and mentor young entrepreneurs
- Experience in developing learning and teaching material and assessment practices according to IEB requirements and the needs of the learners
- A passion for teaching young men who seek to become significant in a modern world
- Willingness to embrace rapid changes in education, and an interest and ability to integrate IT and technology into your teaching and learning
- An unequivocal commitment to team teaching in a busy department, with the ability and willingness to each EMS and/or senior Accounting in the future
- Flexibility to adapt to the changing needs of the College and to take initiative and act decisively
- A commitment to on-going personal and professional development
- An awareness of the nature of the school and willingness to commit to its all-round ethos, co-curricular activities and pastoral approach
- A willingness to participate in the broader life of the school as well as an understanding of the value of extra-mural participation for both staff and learners
- Proof of registration with SACE
- Any staff member working within a school is required to have a sexual offender’s clearance certificate
To apply please click on the following link before the closing date of 25 June 2021 https://stithianjobs.mcidirecthire.com/
Applications received via email will not be considered. Applications must be done via the above link only.
St Stithians College is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes appointments within the context of its transformation imperatives
Peter Place | Lyme Park | Sandton | 2191 Private Bag 2 | Randburg | 2125 | South Africa www.stithian.com
The College reserves the right not to proceed with this post. Applications are invited from South African citizens. An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview or appointment and failure to meet the minimum requirements of the advertised post will result in applications automatically disqualifying themselves from consideration.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted
Related Jobs (6)
Tegniese Wetenskap & Elektries, GR 10 – 12 on 10th Jun 2021