- Post Date:19th Aug 2021
- Views 357
St Stithians College is a proudly South African school, embracing diversity and offering a distinctive educational experience. Founded as a Methodist Church School, our Christian spirituality is central to our identity. Our College consists of primary and secondary boys’ and girls’ schools, together with a co-educational junior primary school. We are an independent, non-profit institution located on an expansive green campus in Sandton, Johannesburg. In addition, St Stithians incorporates Kamoka Bush School in the Waterberg Mountains, and the Thandulwazi Maths & Science Academy on our Campus. As a College we are intent on Inspiring Excellence and Making a World of Difference.
CREDIT CONTROLLER – CAMPUS FINANCE DEPARTMENT
The College invites applications for the following position which will be available immediately. Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced applicants who believe they have the required skills and competencies to take on this position.
The requirements of the position:
• At least 5 years’ experience in similar position
• At least 2 years working experience in a school
• Word and Outlook mail merge skills are required
• Sound working knowledge of ACCPAC, Windows, and MS Office Suite is essential at an intermediate level
• Working knowledge of Pencil Box or a similar school administration system
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to liaise with internal and external stakeholders
• Emotional resilience with the ability to handle sensitive situations in an empathetic but objective manner
• A sound work ethic and ability to prioritise, multi-task, and work under pressure
• Ability to meet tight deadlines
• Ability to work with a high degree of independence
• Attention to detail, high level of speed and accuracy
• Key time management skills to ensure deadlines are met with efficient turnaround times
• Occasional overtime may be required
• Sound work ethic
• Any staff member working within a school is required to have a sexual offender’s clearance certificate before employment can
• Committing to work within the values, Christian ethos and mission of the College, as well as participating in the broader life of St Stithians
Your talent and positive mental ability, means you are able to deliver on the following responsibilities:
• Collection of fee debtors’ book
• Resolve debtor queries
• Assist in answering debtors hunting line calls
• Ensure parent compliance with the annual registration process
• Prepare monthly reconciliations and reports
• Assisting with monthly Finance Committee reporting
• Various other general finance related duties
• Ensure compliance with Debtors Procedure
Please apply via the St Stithians Job Board by clicking on the following link before the closing date of 27 August 2021: https://stithianjobs.mcidirecthire.com/
The College reserves the right not to proceed with this post. Applications are invited from South African citizens. An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview or appointment and failure to meet the minimum requirements of the advertised post will result in applications automatically disqualifying themselves from consideration.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
St Stithians College, in line with POPIA (Protection of Personal Information Act) will attempt to ensure the confidentiality of all applicants for this role. All reasonable measures will be in place to protect personal information but will be used in the recruitment, selection, and reporting process. By submitting your application for this position, you are recognising and accepting this disclaimer.