- Post Date:10th Aug 2021
- Views 262
St Stithians College is a proudly South African school, embracing diversity and offering a distinctive educational experience. Founded as a Methodist Church School, our Christian spirituality is central to our identity. Our College consists of primary and secondary boys’ and girls’ schools, together with a co-educational junior primary school. We are an independent, non-profit institution located on an expansive green campus in Sandton, Johannesburg. In addition, St Stithians incorporates Kamoka Bush School near Modimolle, and the Thandulwazi Maths& Science Academy on our Campus. As a College, we are intent on Inspiring Excellence and Making a World of Difference.
Our primary intention is to educate and empower girls, raising them in ways that are responsive to the challenges unique to women. We aim to be the leaders in girls’ education, with the focus on nurturing individual skills and dispositions, equipping girls to engage confidently and with a sense of purpose. Our girls work within a values-based framework in order to make decisions with good intent. The South African context is diverse and dynamic. We raise girls to embrace their heritage and collaborate locally to make a significant contribution nationally and internationally.
The Girls’ Preparatory invites applications for the above-mentioned full-time position which will be available from 1 January 2022. Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced individuals who believe they have the required skills, disposition, and competencies to take on this position.
The requirements for this position are:
• A suitable professional teaching qualification from a recognised institution and a minimum of 5 years appropriate educational experience
• Demonstrable expert experience in teaching English in the Intermediate and Senior Phase
• Previous experience in an IEB school is an advantage
• Understanding of Girls’ Education and Africanising the curriculum
• A high level of creativity and an interest in assisting with drama productions would be an advantage
• A high level of organisational, managerial and administrative skills
• The ability to create and sustain relationships with students and staff in a girls’ school environment
• An unequivocal commitment to team teaching in a busy department
• A passion for teaching and the proven ability to create a positive learning environment and to motivate and inspire learners to flourish as skilled and agile learners
• Willingness to embrace rapid changes in education and an interest and ability to integrate IT into your teaching and learning and to progress the development and delivery of online learning and assessment
• A sound and progressive understanding of the South African curriculum and international trends in education, particularly Inquiry Based Learning, and an openness to ongoing personal learning and development
• A willingness to work within the values, Christian ethos and mission of the College as well as to participate in the broader life of the school, including extra murals
• Promotes and embraces diversity and inclusion
• Willingness to participate in our extra-mural programme
• Proof of registration with SACE supported by a sexual offender’s clearance certificate
To apply please click on the following link before the closing date of 25 August 2021 https://stithianjobs.mcidirecthire.com/
Applications received via email will not be considered. Applications must be done via the link above only.
The College reserves the right not to proceed with this post. Applications are invited from South African citizens. An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview or appointment and failure to meet the minimum requirements of the advertised post will result in applications automatically disqualifying themselves from consideration.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
St Stithians College, in line with POPIA (Protection of Personal Information Act) will attempt to ensure the confidentiality of all applicants for this role. All reasonable measures will be in place to protect personal information but will be used in the recruitment, selection, and reporting process. By submitting your application for this position, you are recognising and accepting this disclaimer.