Executive Assistant to the Rector
- Post Date:17th Jun 2021
- Views 65
St Stithians College is a proudly South African school, embracing diversity and offering a distinctive educational experience. Founded as a Methodist Church School, our Christian spirituality is central to our identity. Our College consists of primary and secondary boys’ and girls’ schools, together with a co-educational junior primary school. We are an independent, non-profit institution located on an expansive green campus in Sandton, Johannesburg. In addition, St Stithians incorporates Kamoka Bush School in the Waterberg Mountains, and the Thandulwazi Maths & Science Academy on our Campus. As a College we are intent on Inspiring Excellence and Making a World of Difference.
EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT TO THE RECTOR | RECTOR’S OFFICE
The Rector invites applications from suitably qualified and experienced individuals who have the required skills and competencies to take on this position which is available from July 2021.
The requirements for this position are:
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent tertiary qualification coupled with at least 5 years’ experience in a similar position working with an executive leader
- Experience in working in an educational institution would be a distinct advantage
- Advanced computer literacy, especially using Microsoft Office
- Excellent command of English (verbal and written)
- Exceptional planning and organisational skills, with attention to detail
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to interact at an executive level
- A confident individual who is responsible and able to work under pressure and handle high work volumes
- Demonstrated ability to prioritise, take initiative and work independently
- High levels of integrity and confidentiality
- Experience in writing minutes at executive and governance levels
- Ability to multi-task and provide full administrative support to the Rector
- Flexibility to work outside of normal office hours when required
- Promoting the values, Christian ethos and mission of the College, as well as participating in the broader life of St Stithians College
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- The administration and daily functioning of the office of the Rector
- Diary management and co-ordination including meetings and appointments
- Handling of telephone calls, emails and face-to-face queries from parents, staff and the general public
- Handling a wide range of confidential information requiring a dedicated level of confidentiality at all times
- Assisting with the drafting of reports, communiques, and correspondence
- Responding to correspondence on behalf of the Rector
- Interacting with parents, staff and the broader Saints community intelligently and respectfully, ensuring high levels of diplomacy and tact
- Promoting synergy between the Rector’s Office, campus departments, and the schools
The package offered is commensurate with a similar role within the independent schooling environment and includes generous leave benefits, pension fund, death and disability cover, individualise professional development opportunities and a range of other benefits and services available to staff.
St Stithians College is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes appointments within the context of its transformation imperatives.
To apply please forward your CV to Frances Piers on email: firstname.lastname@example.org by 18 June 2021.
The College reserves the right not to proceed with this post.
The College reserves the right not to proceed with this post. Applications are invited from South African citizens. St Stithians College is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes appointments in the context of its transformation imperatives. An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview or appointment and failure to meet the minimum requirements of the advertised post will result in applicants automatically disqualifying themselves from consideration. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.