FET History Teacher
- Post Date:22nd Sep 2021
- Views 192
SEEKING HISTORY GRADE 10 – 12 EDUCATOR FOR 2021
APEX HIGH SCHOOL, EESTER RIVER
Seeking a passionate and committed educator ready to contribute to a school of excellence
The School invites applications from exceptional educators, with a track record of success leading through inspiration, strong character, superior relationship skills and a focus on fostering a collaborative school community. Experience in championing a high expectations culture for both learners and staff is essential. All educators will benefit from ongoing professional development and mentorship customised to your specific role and requirements.
We seek to fill the following teaching post: Apex High School is a no-fee parallel medium public high school that opened in January 2018. The school has partnered with Acorn Education (www.acorneducation.org.za) as part of the Collaboration Schools Pilot Programme – a public private partnership programme in the Western Cape. Apex High will have its first Matric class in 2021.
We seek to fill the following teaching post: 1 x History Grade 10 – 12 Teacher
- Minimum requirement is a REQV14 qualification (matric + four years’ qualification)
- Must have previous experience of successfully teaching History in Grade 10 to 12
- Certification through the South African Council of Educators (SACE)-proof of registration required
- Be fluent in both English and Afrikaans
- Be computer literate and MS Office proficient
- Must be aligned to our mission of developing the school into a school of excellence and willing to go the extra mile to achieve this mission
- Exhibit a genuine passion and a belief in the potential of every learner
- Be open to innovative ideas and deviating from the status quo
- Willing to work collaboratively within the framework of the Collaboration Schools Programme
If you are passionate about your subject area, transforming young peoples’ lives using innovative teaching strategies, this opportunity is for you!
Application: Please send the following information to email@example.com
- A Motivational cover letter
- Your CV
- A copy of your SACE certificate
- Copies of qualification
Please specify which post you are applying for in the subject line of your e-mail application
Closing date: 30 September 2021
Start date: As soon as possible
The successful candidates will be required to complete a competency assessment and undergo a police clearance check.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Should you not hear from us within two weeks of the closing date, please accept that your application was unsuccessful. The School reserves the right not to appoint any given position.