Grade 3 Teacher
- Post Date:10th Aug 2021
- Views 302
St Stithians College is a proudly South African school, embracing diversity and offering a distinctive educational experience. Founded as a Methodist Church School, our Christian spirituality is central to our identity. Our College consists of primary and secondary boys’ and girls’ schools, together with a co-educational junior primary school. We are an independent, non-profit institution located on an expansive green campus in Sandton, Johannesburg. In addition, St Stithians incorporates Kamoka Bush School near Modimolle, and the Thandulwazi Maths& Science Academy on our Campus. As a College, we are intent on Inspiring Excellence and Making a World of Difference.
Our primary intention is to educate and empower girls, raising them in ways that are responsive to the challenges unique to women. We aim to be the leaders in girls’ education, with the focus on nurturing individual skills and dispositions, equipping girls to engage confidently and with a sense of purpose. Our girls work within a values-based framework in order to make decisions with good intent. The South African context is diverse and dynamic. We raise girls to embrace their heritage and collaborate locally to make a significant contribution nationally and internationally.
GRADE 3 TEACHER
The Girls’ Preparatory invites applications for the above-mentioned full-time position which will be available from 1 January 2022. Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced individuals who believe they have the required skills, disposition, and competencies to take on this position.
The requirements for this position are:
• A suitable professional qualification and appropriate educational experience, specialising in Foundation Phase education, particularly in girls’ education
• A sound and progressive understanding of the South African curriculum and international trends in education
• A passion for teaching and an understanding of the development of young girls
• The ability to foster and sustain positive relationships with all stakeholders
• An ability to be flexible, innovative and embrace change
• Computer literacy and experience in integrating IT into your teaching and learning
• A fundamentally future-orientated approach to teaching and learning
• An unequivocal commitment to working as part of an accomplished team
• A commitment to on-going personal and professional development
• An awareness of the nature of the school and willingness to commit to its all-round ethos, co-curricular activities and pastoral approach
• Ability to embrace diversity, inclusion and contribute toward curriculum transformation
• Proof of registration with SACE supported by a sexual offender’s clearance certificate
To apply please click on the following link before the closing date of 25 August 2021 https://stithianjobs.mcidirecthire.com/
Applications received via email will not be considered. Applications must be done via the link above only.
The College reserves the right not to proceed with this post. Applications are invited from South African citizens. An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview or appointment and failure to meet the minimum requirements of the advertised post will result in applications automatically disqualifying themselves from consideration.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
St Stithians College, in line with POPIA (Protection of Personal Information Act) will attempt to ensure the confidentiality of all applicants for this role. All reasonable measures will be in place to protect personal information but will be used in the recruitment, selection, and reporting process. By submitting your application for this position, you are recognising and accepting this disclaimer.