Head of Department | History
- Post Date:19th Jul 2021
- Apply Before: 28th Jul 2021
- Views 312
St Stithians College is a proudly South African school, embracing diversity and offering a distinctive educational experience. Founded as a Methodist Church School, our Christian spirituality is central to our identity. Our College consists of primary and secondary boys’ and girls’ schools, together with a co-educational junior primary school. We are an independent, non-profit institution located on an expansive green campus in Sandton, Johannesburg. In addition, St Stithians incorporates Kamoka Bush School in the Waterberg Mountains, and the Thandulwazi Maths & Science Academy on our Campus. As a College we are intent on Inspiring Excellence and Making a World of Difference.
HEAD OF DEPARTMENT | HISTORY
The Boys’ College invites applications for the abovementioned position which will be available from January 2022.
The requirements for this position are:
- A suitable professional qualification and appropriate educational experience in History is a prerequisite
- A passion for History
- Insight of curriculum knowledge and global trends in History, with particular respect to the decolonisation of the curriculum
- The ability to lead and guide a dynamic team
- An unequivocal commitment to team teaching in a busy department
- The ability to create and sustain relationships with students and staff in a boys’ school environment
- A sound and progressive understanding of international trends in boys’ education and 21st century learning
- Willingness to embrace rapid changes in education, and an interest and ability to integrate IT and technology into your teaching and learning
- Flexibility to adapt to the changing needs of the College
- Good organisational and administrative skills
- A commitment to on-going personal and professional development
- A willingness to work within the values, Christian ethos and mission of the College as well as to participate in the broader life of the school, including extra mural activities
- A commitment to our pastoral care and leadership programmes
- Proof of registration with SACE supported by a sexual offender’s clearance certificate
To apply please click on the following link before the closing date of 28 July 2021 https://stithianjobs.mcidirecthire.com/
Applications received via email will not be considered. Applications must be done via the link above only.
The College reserves the right not to proceed with this post.
The College reserves the right not to proceed with this post. Applications are invited from South African citizens. St Stithians College is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes appointments in the context of its transformation imperatives. An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview or appointment and failure to meet the minimum requirements of the advertised post will result in applicants automatically disqualifying themselves from consideration. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.