Head of Rowing
- Post Date:16th Sep 2021
- Views 320
ST STITHIANS BOYS’ COLLEGE
St Stithians College is a prominent and transformative South African school; one that inspires excellence and makes a world of difference. Founded as a Methodist Church School, our Christian spirituality is central to our identity. We are an independent, non- profit institution located on an expansive green campus in Sandton, Johannesburg. Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced individuals who believe they have the required skills and competencies to take on this position from 1 January 2022 (negotiable).
HEAD OF ROWING
The key requirements for this exciting position are:
• A qualification in teaching or sports science would be a distinct advantage but not essential
• At least 3 years’ experience in a similar role (including coaching of the 1st VIII) and Level 2 FISA coaching qualification
• Boat trailer towing experience
• A commitment to on-going personal and professional development
• Excellent written & verbal communication skills
• An awareness of the nature of the school and willingness to commit to its all-round ethos, co-curricular activities and pastoral approach
The role will include responsibility for:
Master in Charge
• Capex and operational planning & budgeting as well as manage transport, tours and camps
• Fleet and equipment maintenance as well as Boat House and Ergo Room management
• Manage, interact and report back to the Parent Supporters’ Committee and relative stakeholders
• Assume full responsibility for the Boys’ College Rowing programme throughout the year and not just during the rowing season
• Recruitment and management of coaches and all rowers across all age groups
• Training programme design & execution and all marketing of the sport
• Selection, entries and equipment allocation
• This role requires extensive early morning and after hours work and ongoing commitment over weekends and select school holiday periods
Interested candidates are invited to submit their application online via this link.
Closing date for applications: 22 September 2021
St Stithians College is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes appointments within the context of its transformation imperatives.
The College reserves the right not to proceed with this post. Applications are invited from South African citizens. An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview or appointment and failure to meet the minimum requirements of the advertised post will result in applications automatically disqualifying themselves from consideration.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
St Stithians College, in line with POPIA (Protection of Personal Information Act) will attempt to ensure the confidentiality of all applicants for this role. All reasonable measures will be in place to protect personal information but will be used in the recruitment, selection, and reporting process. By submitting your application for this position, you are recognising and accepting this disclaimer.