- Post Date:25th Aug 2021
- Apply Before: 30th Sep 2021
- Views 300
Craiglands Remedial School is known for providing a happy, secure, and intimate environment in Craighall Park. We strive to ensure children arrive & leave school daily, as happy young people.
Our school address all areas of perception to enable the child to make progress in all areas of schoolwork as well as social skills. We endeavour to instill self-confidence in all children & help children acquire the skills needed to re-enter mainstream education.
We are looking for someone who can help foster and build onto this ethos which has being curated and fostered for the last 22 years.
- A minimum of 5 years senior management team experience, with a minimum of 2 years in a deputy or principal position
- Recognised degree and/or 4 year post matric teaching qualification
- Registered with SACE
- In depth knowledge of Grade R – 7 curriculum (CAPS)
- Demonstrated understanding of the school and labour legislative framework and stakeholders (including professional bodies)
- Remedial qualification/work experience is strongly advantageous
- Demonstrated success in implementing educational best practices
- Help shape the direction and development of the schools’ vision, culture, and ethos by providing support and leadership
- Lead the daily operation of the school and support all members in meeting the mission, vision, and ethos of the school
- Develop and lead the approach in which the school will take to manage remedial learners in the school
- Help develop the school’s brand, awareness, and footprint within the community
- Critically evaluate academic progress and implement interventions
- Monitor the quality of teaching and learning to ensure that it is relevant and fully reflective of the school’s core values
- Oversee the operational management of the school, including finances, infrastructure, and maintenance
- Develop a school environment which is supportive of learning and high achievement among the students
- Oversee and champion staff development and growth
- Think strategically
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Good collaboration and communication skills
- Project management skills
- Extremely creative and innovative
- Strong team player
If you believe you have what it takes and can prove your achievements as well as provide us with credible references – you can send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject line Headmistress.