Intersen Phase Educator
- Post Date:14th Sep 2021
- Views 201
BOUNDARY PRIMARY SCHOOL
Boundary Primary School is a no-fee public primary school serving the Bonteheuwel community that has recently partnered with Common Good in the Collaboration Schools Network. This is a fresh and innovative partnership model aiming to create outstanding schools that give every learner, regardless of their background, the opportunity to receive an excellent education.
The SGB seeks an inspirational Intersen Phase Educator with enthusiasm & tenacity who will:
- Be part of an innovative school with a dedicated staff team
- Believe in the ability of every child to succeed and achieve
- Share a vision for the collaboration schools’ model and to embracing the opportunities it presents
- Has a track record of delivering high quality teaching and learning
- Deliver relevant phase curriculum
- Model and lead teaching innovation and context specific interventions
- Drive literacy and numeracy content and practice
- Demonstrate resilience in the face of a challenging and tough environment
- Use effective behaviour management, communication & planning skills
- Demonstrate commitment to driving up standards of learner achievement
- Continually improve teaching and learning with an openness to growth and feedback including in class support and development
This is a great opportunity for a teacher to make a real difference to execute on a bold vision of excellence. The successful candidate will be a committed and talented teacher with the ideas, vision, and ability to work within a strong team to help every learner succeed.
The new Educator will benefit from the support of the Common Good Education central team and the Collaboration Schools network.
If you share our vision, then we want to hear from you. We’re looking for an Educator who exemplifies our belief in the potential of every child, is confident in insisting on the very highest standards of academic rigour and behaviour and is energised by the challenge of our work.
- Possess a recognised Senior Phase teaching qualification
- Register with SACE
- Obtain a police clearance
- Be CAPS trained
- Ability to teach in Afrikaans and English
- Be computer literate
- Be prepared to participate in extra-mural activities and the teacher development programme offered by the school
Applications: Please send a motivational cover letter, your CV and two recent work references to boundaryprimaryschoolsgb@
Applications close on 20 September 2021.
Contract & Benefits: This is a fixed term contract with the School Governing Body of Boundary Primary School.
WHY JOIN BOUNDARY?
Make a difference
We have high expectations of every learner and every adult. Our learners often start with huge disadvantages, so we need to work hard to ensure they realise their goals. The success we’re striving for isn’t won easily but it will change the life of every child. In Disa you will have the chance to make a difference.
Work with great innovators and educators
In the collaboration schools model you will work with colleagues who share your goals and ambitions, who will go the extra mile and want to be the best they can in their profession. We plan to create an environment where children and adults learn every day – from experience, from each other and from exceptional and carefully planned professional development.
Develop your career
We want to help you to be the best that you can be, to stretch yourself as well as your pupils and to meet and exceed your career ambitions as part of the Common Good Collaboration Schools network. We provide a wide range of professional development opportunities for all staff and will offer an innovative and unique support structure.