Junior Prep Classroom Assistant
- Post Date:10th Sep 2021
- Views 137
Inspiring Excellence. Making a World of Diﬀerence
St Stithians College is a proudly South African school, embracing diversity and offering a distinctive educational experience. Founded as a Methodist Church School, our Christian spirituality is central to our identity. Our College consists of primary and secondary boys’ and girls’ schools, together with a co-educational junior primary school. We are an independent, non-profit institution located on an expansive green campus in Sandton, Johannesburg. In addition, St Stithians incorporates Kamoka Bush School near Modimolle, and the Thandulwazi Maths & Science Academy on our Campus. As a College, we are intent on Inspiring Excellence and Making a World of Difference.
The Junior Prep is known as the Gateway to St Stithians College and offers co-ed education for Grades RR to 2. Our Christian values and innovative curriculum provide a strong foundation for life and learning. Children are encouraged to explore their unique talents in our nurturing and supportive environment.
Junior Prep Teacher Assistant
The College invites applications for the abovementioned position which will be available from 01 January 2022.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced individuals who believe they have the required skills and competencies to take on this position.
The requirements for this position are:
- To facilitate small group learning
- To assist the class teacher with classroom duties within the Junior Prep
- A teaching background will be preferable
- An unequivocal commitment to working as part of an accomplished team
- Ability to take initiative and to act decisively
- A passion for the care and supervision of all boys and girls
- Assist with the extra mural programmes and/or aftercare students
- Excellent people and organisational skills
- Good administration and computer skills
- Proof of registration with SACE will be an advantage supported by a sexual offender’s clearance certificate
- A willingness to work within the values, Methodist Christian ethos and mission of the College as well as participation in the broader life of the school. Ensures that diversity and inclusion is fundamental to all actions.
To apply please click on the following link before the closing date of 16 September 2021 https://stithianjobs.mcidirecthire.com/
Applications received via email will not be considered. Applications must be done via the link above only.
St Stithians College is an Equal Opportunity Employer
The College reserves the right not to proceed with this post. Applications are invited from South African citizens. An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview or appointment and failure to meet the minimum requirements of the advertised post will result in applications automatically disqualifying themselves from consideration. Only short listed candidates will be contacted