Part-time Music Teacher
- Post Date:16th Dec 2019
- Apply Before: 28th Feb 2022
- Views 376
St Stithians College is a proudly South African school, embracing diversity and offering a distinctive educational experience. Founded as a Methodist Church School, our Christian spirituality is central to our identity. Our College consists of primary and secondary boys’ and girls’ schools, together with a co-educational junior primary school. We are an independent, non-profit institution located on an expansive green campus in Sandton, Johannesburg. In addition, St Stithians incorporates Kamoka Bush School near Modimolle, and the Thandulwazi Maths & Science Academy on our Campus. As a College, we are intent on Inspiring Excellence and Making a World of Difference.
Within the Girls’ College we strive to produce confident young women who are able to lead a life of conviction and purpose.
The College’s Methodist focus offers our young women important guiding principles enabling of this life of purpose which is central to the Saints Honour Code, namely “Honour God, Honour others and Honour self”. The Girls’ College provides a safe, nurturing and inclusive community where young women are encouraged to explore, experiment and investigate.
PART-TIME MUSIC TEACHER
The Girls’ College invites applications for the abovementioned position which will be available from 1 January 2022. This is a part time music position as the majority of the role will involve a commitment to music in our extramural programme teaching during the afternoon and or early evenings. This role may be suited to an individual who has other commitments during the morning.
The requirements for this position are:
- A suitable professional qualification and appropriate educational experience
- A B.Mus. degree is a prerequisite
- A competent, confident and experienced pianist, as this role will involve accompaniment of music students during practical examinations and performances
- The ability to teach music theory lessons Grade 3 – 7 ABRSM in the Girls’ College Theory Academy
- A passion and vision for music, especially within the extramural space
- Assist with the administration and support of the College Orchestra
- Assist and support the various Girls’ College Choirs
- A high level of organisational, administrative and communication skills
- An interest and vision for a student-centred holistic education programme
- A willingness to work within the values, Christian ethos and mission of the College
- Proof of registration with SACE
- Any staff member working within a school is required to have a sexual offender’s clearance certificate
To apply please click on the following link before the closing date of 30 September 2021 https://stithianjobs.mcidirecthire.com/
Applications received via email will not be considered. Applications must be done via the link above only.
The College reserves the right not to proceed with this post. Applications are invited from South African citizens. An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview or appointment and failure to meet the minimum requirements of the advertised post will result in applications automatically disqualifying themselves from consideration.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
St Stithians College, in line with POPIA (Protection of Personal Information Act) will attempt to ensure the confidentiality of all applicants for this role. All reasonable measures will be in place to protect personal information but will be used in the recruitment, selection, and reporting process. By submitting your application for this position, you are recognising and accepting this disclaimer