SCHOOL SOCIAL WORKER - SGB POST
- Post Date:5th Aug 2021
- Views 276
We are looking to appoint an empathetic, hardworking, broadly-skilled individual to join our Wellness and Development Department on a full-time basis at Westerford High School. The position is effective from 1 October, however, the start date can be negotiated should the applicant of choice be available only from a later date.
- Must be qualified as a registered Clinical Social Worker with the SACSSP
- Thorough knowledge of relevant legislation, especially of The Children’s Act 58 of 2005
- Experience working with adolescents and their families, preferably in a high school environment, is highly recommended.
- Experience in individual, group and family therapy, and in crisis intervention
- Ability to communicate confidently and competently in English, both spoken and written – fluency in isiXhosa and/or Afrikaans is highly advantageous
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with an ability to build relationships and interact with individuals of different backgrounds
- Ability to provide confidential assessment, mediation and counselling services to pupils, and to offer support to staff and parents
- Willingness to engage with a clinical supervisor
- Ability to work effectively in a multi-disciplinary team, one which focuses on the development and care of all pupils and staff
- Willingness and ability to network with relevant organisations and professionals in the community
- Ability to address large groups e.g. pupils/staff/parents
- Ability to contribute to professional development programmes for teachers, when required
- A broad, comprehensive awareness of the challenges facing young people in the world today, especially in South Africa
- Excellent administration skills; fully computer literate
Application must include:
- A full CV noting experience and qualifications
- Certified copies of qualifications
- Copy of ID
- Written references from at least two references, complete with all contact details
Email applications to: email@example.com
Closing date: 25 August 2021
Start date: 1 October 2021
- As part of its Diversity, Inclusion and Transformation mission, Westerford is committed to diversity and redress.
- The submission of a CV will not automatically result in an interview.
- The School reserves the right not to appoint anyone to this position.
- Westerford is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and staff; applicants must therefore be willing to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers, and the obtaining of a police clearance certificate.
- If you have not heard from the School by 8 September, please consider your application unsuccessful