Senior History Teacher
- Post Date:2nd Nov 2019
- Views 94
St Stithians College is a proudly South African school, embracing diversity and offering a distinctive educational experience. Founded as a Methodist Church School, our Christian spirituality is central to our identity. Our College consists of primary and secondary boys’ and girls’ schools, together with a co-educational junior primary school. We are an independent, non-profit institution located on an expansive green campus in Sandton, Johannesburg. In addition, St Stithians incorporates Kamoka Bush School near Modimolle, and the Thandulwazi Maths & Science Academy on our Campus. As a College, we are intent on Inspiring Excellence and Making a World of Difference.
St Stithians Boys’ College is a leading South African boys’ school, which constantly strives for excellence in providing a relevant and rigorous education, and for best practice in the education of boys. As a Methodist school, we have a conscious focus on the “Saints Honour”, namely to ‘Honour God, Honour others and Honour self”.
Our “seven pillars” support the life of every boy at the Boys’ College: academics, sport, culture, community service, leadership, outdoor education and spirituality. Through these pillars, we encourage each boy to realise his maximum potential as a citizen of significance of this school and in our country, in a stimulating and safe environment.
Our mission, purpose and passion is to walk the path towards manhood with our boys, and support them as they emerge as “great young men”, ready to serve, lead, contribute and make a difference in our world and in the lives of others.
SENIOR HISTORY TEACHER
The Boys’ College invites applications from suitably qualified and experienced individuals who believe they have the
required skills and competencies to take on this position, which will be available from January 2022.
The requirements for this position are:
• A suitable professional teaching qualification from a recognised institution and a minimum of 5 years appropriate
• Willingness to embrace rapid changes in education, particularly in the teaching of boys
• Insight of curriculum knowledge and global trends in History, with particular respect to the decolonisation of the
• An interest and ability to integrate IT and online approaches into a rich blended teaching and learning environment
• Previous experience in an IEB school is an advantage
• A high level of organisational, managerial and administrative skills
• The ability to create and sustain relationships with students and staff in a boys’ school environment
• An unequivocal commitment to team teaching in a busy department
• A passion for teaching and the proven ability to create a positive learning environment and to motivate and inspire
learners to flourish as skilled and agile learners
• Willingness to embrace rapid changes in education and an interest and ability to integrate IT into your teaching and
• A sound and progressive understanding of the South African curriculum and international trends in education and an
openness to ongoing personal learning and development
• A willingness to work within the values, Christian ethos and mission of the College as well as to participate in the broader
life of the school, including extra murals
• Proof of registration with SACE supported by a sexual offender’s clearance certificate
To apply please click on the following link before the closing date of 12 September 2021: https://stithianjobs.mcidirecthire.com/
Applications received via email will not be considered. Applications must be done via the link above only.
The College reserves the right not to proceed with this post. Applications are invited from South African citizens. An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview or appointment and failure to meet the minimum requirements of the advertised post will result in applications automatically disqualifying themselves from consideration.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
St Stithians College, in line with POPIA (Protection of Personal Information Act) will attempt to ensure the confidentiality of all applicants for this role. All reasonable measures will be in place to protect personal information but will be used in the recruitment, selection, and reporting process.