St Stithians Boys' College: Locum Head of Resource Centre
- Post Date:24th May 2021
- Views 155
St Stithians College is a proudly South African school, embracing diversity and offering a distinctive educational experience. Founded as a Methodist Church School, our Christian spirituality is central to our identity. Our College consists of primary and secondary boys’ and girls’ schools, together with a co-educational junior primary school. We are an independent, non-profit institution located on an expansive green campus in Sandton, Johannesburg. In addition, St Stithians incorporates Kamoka Bush School near Modimolle, and the Thandulwazi Maths & Science Academy on our Campus. As a College, we are intent on Inspiring Excellence and Making a World of Difference.
St Stithians Boys’ College is a leading South African boys’ school, which constantly strives for excellence in providing a relevant and rigorous education, and for best practice in the education of boys. As a Methodist school, we have a conscious focus on the “Saints Honour”, namely to ‘Honour God, Honour others and Honour self”. Our “seven pillars” support the life of every boy at the Boys’ College: academics, sport, culture, community service, leadership, outdoor education and spirituality. Through these pillars, we encourage each boy to realise his maximum potential as a citizen of significance of this school and in our country, in a stimulating and safe environment. Our mission, purpose and passion is to walk the path towards manhood with our boys, and support them as they emerge as “great young men”, ready to serve, lead, contribute and make a difference in our world and in the lives of others.
Locum Head of Resource Centre
The Boys’ College invites applications for the abovementioned position which will be available from 1 September 2021 till 3 December 2021. Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced individuals who believe they have the required skills and competencies to take on this position.
The requirements for this position are:
• Suitable qualification with experience as a Teacher – Librarian
• Fluency in speaking, reading and writing English, including report writing
• Ability to teach and promote independent research skills
• Establish a lively culture of research within the school
• High level of ICT competency including the ability to teach information skills and digital citizenship
• Knowledgeable in all formats of library administration
• Knowledge of Libwin and Overdrive
• An enquiring mind and a broad general knowledge
• Strong client orientation and good people skills
• Ability to work as part of an accomplished team
• Ability to promote the love of learning and reading
• Understanding and passion for working with boys from Grades 8 – 12
• Ability to work flexible hours
• A sound and progressive understanding of the South African curriculum and international trends in education
• A willingness to work within the values, Christian ethos and mission of the College as well as to participate in the broader life of the school
• Proof of registration with SACE
• Any staff member working within a school is required to have a sexual offender’s clearance certificate
To apply please click on the following link before the closing date of 3 June 2021:
Applications received via email will not be considered. Applications must be done via the link above only.
St Stithians College is an Equal Opportunity Employer