St Stithians Boys' College: Physical Sciences Teacher
- Post Date:24th May 2021
- Views 102
St Stithians College is a proudly South African school, embracing diversity and offering a distinctive educational experience. Founded as a Methodist Church School, our Christian spirituality is central to our identity. Our College consists of primary and secondary boys’ and girls’ schools, together with a co-educational junior primary school. We are an independent, non-profit institution located on an expansive green campus in Sandton, Johannesburg. In addition, St Stithians incorporates Kamoka Bush School near Modimolle, and the Thandulwazi Maths & Science Academy on our Campus. As a College, we are intent on Inspiring Excellence and Making a World of Difference.
St Stithians Boys’ College is a leading South African boys’ school, which constantly strives for excellence in providing a relevant and rigorous education, and for best practice in the education of boys. As a Methodist school, we have a conscious focus on the “Saints Honour”, namely to ‘Honour God, Honour others and Honour self”. Our “seven pillars” support the life of every boy at the Boys’ College: academics, sport, culture, community service, leadership, outdoor education and spirituality. Through these pillars, we encourage each boy to realise his maximum potential as a citizen of significance of this school and in our country, in a stimulating and safe environment. Our mission, purpose and passion is to walk the path towards manhood with our boys, and support them as they emerge as “great young men”, ready to serve, lead, contribute and make a difference in our world and in the lives of others.
Physical Sciences Teacher
The Boys’ College invites applications for the abovementioned position which will be available from January 2022.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced individuals who believe they have the required skills and competencies to take on this position.
The requirements for this position are:
• A suitable professional qualification and appropriate educational experience
• A degree in the appropriate subject area is a prerequisite
• A passion for the subject
• Good organisational and administrative skills
• Previous experience in the teaching of senior Physical Sciences is essential
• A sound and progressive understanding of international trends in boys’ education and 21st century learning
• The ability to create and sustain relationships with students and colleagues in our College environment
• An unequivocal commitment to team teaching in a busy school
• Willingness to embrace rapid changes in education, and an interest and ability to integrate ICT and technology into teaching and learning is imperative
• A commitment to our pastoral care and leadership programmes
• Flexibility to adapt to the changing needs of the College
• A commitment to on-going personal and professional development
• A willingness to work within the values, Christian ethos and mission of the College as well as to participate in the broader life of the school, including extra mural activities
• Proof of registration with SACE
• Any staff member working within a school is required to have a sexual offender’s clearance certificate
• This position is not suitable for newly qualified teachers, teacher assistants/internships
To apply please click on the following link before the closing date of 3 June 2021:
Applications received via email will not be considered. Applications must be done via the link above only.
St Stithians College is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes appointments within the context of its transformation imperatives