St Stithians Boys' Preparatory: Intermediate Phase Teacher
- Post Date:28th May 2021
- Views 283
St Stithians College is a proudly South African school, embracing diversity and offering a distinctive educational experience. Founded as a Methodist Church School, our Christian spirituality is central to our identity. Our College consists of primary and secondary boys’ and girls’ schools, together with a co-educational junior primary school. We are an independent, non-profit institution located on an expansive green campus in Sandton, Johannesburg. In addition, St Stithians incorporates Kamoka Bush School near Modimolle, and the Thandulwazi Maths & Science Academy on our Campus. As a College, we are intent on Inspiring Excellence and Making a World of Difference.
At the Boys’ Preparatory, we strive to develop the character and potential of every young man entrusted into our care, through our academic, sport, cultural, leadership and outreach offerings. We believe that a boy-friendly education creates a cornerstone for developing young men of character.
Intermediate Phase Teacher
We invite applications for the above position which will be available from 1 January 2022. We seek an individual with energy, strong work ethic, and integrity who will complement our current Boys’ Preparatory team.
The requirements for this position are:
• A suitable professional qualification
• Prior teaching experience in a boys’ school would be preferable
• An experienced Intermediate Phase teacher who can teach a variety of subjects would be a distinct advantage
• An excellent teacher who can engage and inspire young boys whilst understanding the considerable part all teachers play in supporting children emotionally, and the significant link this has to academic achievement
• A commitment to accommodate students with diverse backgrounds, preferences, cultures, and association
• A record of innovation, commitment, and professionalism
• A willingness to embrace rapid changes in education, a sound knowledge of current trends and methodologies/pedagogy in education and an interest and ability to integrate ICT into teaching and learning activities
• A commitment to on-going personal and professional development
• An awareness of the nature of the school and willingness to commit to its all-round ethos, co-curricular activities and pastoral approach
• The ability to coach a variety of sports offered at the Boys’ Prep would be an advantage
• Proof of registration with SACE supported by a sexual offender’s clearance certificate
To apply please click on the following link before the closing date of 22 June 2021
Applications received via email will not be considered. Applications must be done via the link above only.
St Stithians College is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes appointments within the context of its transformation imperatives
The College reserves the right not to proceed with this post. Applications are invited from South African citizens. An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview or appointment and failure to meet the minimum requirements of the advertised post will result in applications automatically disqualifying themselves from consideration. Only shortlisted candidateswill be contacted