St Stithians College - Bush School Facilitator (Locum)
- Post Date:29th Mar 2021
- Views 341
Bush School Facilitator (Locum) Kamoka Bush School – Modimolle
St Stithians College is a proudly South African school, embracing diversity and offering a distinctive educational experience. Founded as a Methodist Church School, our Christian spirituality is central to our identity. Our College consists of primary and secondary boys’ and girls’ schools, together with a co-educational junior primary school. We are an independent, non-profit institution located on an expansive green campus in Sandton, Johannesburg. In addition, St Stithians incorporates Kamoka Bush School in the Waterberg Mountains, and the Thandulwazi Maths & Science Academy on our Campus. As a College we are intent on Inspiring Excellence and Making a World of Difference.
The College invites applications for the following locum position which will be available from 1 May until 31 October, 2021.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced individuals who believe they have the required skills and competencies to take on this position.
The Bush School Facilitator forms the backbone of the camps at Kamoka and is responsible for managing the learners at Kamoka and many of the daily activities.
Consideration will be given to Female applicants who are between the ages of 23 – 27 years.
The requirements of the position:
• Diploma in nature conservation – specialising in outdoor education or FGASA Level 1 qualification
• First Aid Level 1
• Teaching experience would be an advantage
• Must enjoy working with teenagers
• Must be prepared to work long hours and be adaptable to the many different tasks which this job will require
• Must be able to work continuously for long periods without a break
• Must be able to work in a remote area
• Must have a code 08 drivers licence at least
• Must be physically fit
• Any staff member working within a school is required to have a sexual offender’s clearance certificate before employment can commence
• Committing to work within the values, Christian ethos and mission of the College, as well as participating in the broader life of St Stithians College
To apply please click on the following link before the closing date of 12 April 2021 https://stithian.jb.skillsmapafrica.com/
Applications received via email will not be considered. Applications must be done via the link above only Please note that due to technical issues applicants should use a PC and not a phone, notepad, etc. to create an account
St Stithians College is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes appointments within the context of its transformation imperatives
The College reserves the right not to proceed with this post. Applications are invited from South African citizens. An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview or appointment and failure to meet the minimum requirements of the advertised post will result in applicants automatically disqualifying themselves from consideration.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted