St Stithians College - Stores Controller (Operations Department)
- Post Date:27th Jan 2021
- Views 165
Stores Controller Operations Department
St Stithians College is a proudly South African school, embracing diversity and offering a distinctive educational experience. Founded as a Methodist Church School, our Christian spirituality is central to our identity. Our College consists of primary and secondary boys’ and girls’ schools, together with a co-educational junior primary school. We are an independent, non-profit institution located on an expansive green campus in Sandton, Johannesburg. In addition, St Stithians incorporates Kamoka Bush School in the Waterberg Mountains, and the Thandulwazi Maths & Science Academy on our Campus. As a College we are intent on Inspiring Excellence and Making a World of Difference.
We are excited to welcome suitably qualified applications for a role within our Operations Department which requires energy, initiative, integrity and vision.
Your talent and positive mental attitude means you are able to deliver on the following responsibilities:
• Stores management, which includes price checking, obtaining quotes, ordering of supplies in the right quantity and the right quality, issuing of stock, receiving and collection of stock, timing & scheduling of deliveries, inventory management, monthly stock takes and ensuring control systems are in place
• Ensure the power tools are maintained and in good working order at all times
• Liaison with maintenance team regarding stock / supplies requirements
• Record keeping – quotes, invoices, delivery notes, requisitions, issues, etc.
• Health & Safety – inspections of equipment, safety inspections, etc.
• General Administration: requisitioning of invoices for payment, documentation and issue procedures are followed, stock coding, filing, assisting with the maintenance help desk system, adhering to procurement policy and procedure, inventory management, attendance register, etc.
• Storekeeping and Stock Control Course, Strategic Logistics Management or similar
• 3-5 years’ Stores management experience
• Good Customer Relations
• Good computer literacy with working knowledge of Outlook and MSOffice
• Health & Safety Knowledge with regards to equipment/stock issued from stores – ladders, electrical equipment, power tools, etc.
• Must be assertive and vigilant • Must always be able to work neatly and keep the stores in good order
• Must be able to use own initiative with the ability to work independently or as part of a team
• Attention to detail, accuracy and ability to work under pressure
• Ability to communicate both verbally and in writing with staff, contractors and suppliers
• Driver’s License would be an advantage
To apply please click on the following link before the closing date of 12 February 2021 https://stithian.jb.skillsmapafrica.com/ .
Applications received via email will not be considered. Applications must be done via the link above only.
Please note that due to technical issues applicants should use a PC and not a phone, notepad, etc. to create an account
St Stithians College is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes appointments within the context of its transformation imperatives