St Stithians Girls' College: Director of Sport
- Post Date:28th May 2021
- Views 198
St Stithians College is a proudly South African school, embracing diversity and offering a distinctive educational experience. Founded as a Methodist Church School, our Christian spirituality is central to our identity. Our College consists of primary and secondary boys’ and girls’ schools, together with a co-educational junior primary school. We are an independent, non-profit institution located on an expansive green campus in Sandton, Johannesburg. In addition, St Stithians incorporates Kamoka Bush School near Modimolle, and the Thandulwazi Maths & Science Academy on our Campus. As a College, we are intent on Inspiring Excellence and Making a World of Difference.
Within the Girls’ College we strive to produce confident young women who are able to lead a life of conviction and purpose. The College’s Methodist focus offers our young women important guiding principles enabling of this life of purpose which is central to the Saints Honour Code, namely “Honour God, Honour others and Honour self”. The Girls’ College provides a safe, nurturing and inclusive community where young women are encouraged to explore, experiment and investigate.
Director of Sport
The College invites applications for the above-mentioned position which will be available from 1 January 2022. Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced individuals who believe they have the required skills and competencies to take on this senior sports position. This role is an executive position within the Girls’ College. Previous experience in sports education and an intimate knowledge of all sports are central to this role. This role will require strategic, dynamic and innovative leadership with the ability to lead, manage and enhance a diverse range of sporting activities, events and festivals.
The requirements for this position are:
• A suitable academic qualification in a relevant field with educational experience with regards to sport and or physical education
• A minimum of five years proven performance in a high school or university context
• Previous management experience in the sporting sphere
• A high level of organisational, administrative and communication skills
• Experience with finance and budgeting
• An understanding and appreciation for facilities management in a complex and multifaceted environment
• Excellent command of the English language and experience in proof-reading and report writing
• The ability to foster and sustain positive relationships with all stakeholders within the College community and within the broader sporting network
• Conflict management skills and experience with mediation would be a distinct advantage
• The ability to be an integral, strategic and visionary member of the sports team with the emphasis on being a team player • An interest and vision for a student-centred holistic education programme, with a particular focus on the wellbeing of girls
• A commitment towards understanding and leading sport in a dynamic and transformational context
• A willingness to work within the values, Christian ethos and mission of the College as well as to participate in the broader life of the school, including extra mural activities
• This role will require after hours work and ongoing commitment over weekends and select school holiday periods
• Proof of registration with SACE
• Any staff member working within a school is required to have a sexual offender’s clearance certificate
To apply please click on the following link before the closing date of 7 June 2021
Applications received via email will not be considered. Applications must be done via the link above only.
St Stithians College is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes appointments within the context of its transformation imperatives
The College reserves the right not to proceed with this post. Applications are invited from South African citizens. An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview or appointment and failure to meet the minimum requirements of the advertised post will result in applications automatically disqualifying themselves from consideration. Only shortlisted candidateswill be contacted