St Stithians Girls' College: Laboratory Technician
- Post Date:24th May 2021
- Views 72
St Stithians College is a proudly South African school, embracing diversity and offering a distinctive educational experience. Founded as a Methodist Church School, our Christian spirituality is central to our identity. Our College consists of primary and secondary boys’ and girls’ schools, together with a co-educational junior primary school. We are an independent, non-profit institution located on an expansive green campus in Sandton, Johannesburg. In addition, St Stithians incorporates Kamoka Bush School near Modimolle, and the Thandulwazi Maths & Science Academy on our Campus. As a College, we are intent on Inspiring Excellence and Making a World of Difference.
Within the Girls’ College we strive to produce confident young women who are able to lead a life of conviction and purpose. The College’s Methodist focus offers our young women important guiding principles enabling of this life of purpose which is central to the Saints Honour Code, namely “Honour God, Honour others and Honour self”. The Girls’ College provides a safe, nurturing and inclusive community where young women are encouraged to explore, experiment and investigate.
The College invites applications for the abovementioned position which will be available from 1 January 2022.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced individuals who believe they have the required skills and competencies to take on this position.
The requirements for this position are:
• A suitable professional qualification and appropriate experience
• Experience in working at a school is a distinct advantage
• A vision and passion for the sciences
• Must have a good working knowledge in MS Word, Excel, Google Platforms and Email
• The management, control, ordering and maintenance of chemical stocks and equipment
• The ability to make and dispense solutions of chemicals
• Set up and clearing of laboratory practical demonstrations as and when required
• Must be able to understand basic scientific terminology
• Understanding and commitment to occupational health and safety practices in laboratories and chemical storage
• Must be able to do simple electrical and other repairs
• Must be able to work alone or as part of a team
• Must be hard working, reliable and cooperative
• Must be innovative, resourceful and show initiative
• A commitment to on-going personal and professional development and research
• An awareness of the nature of the school and willingness to commit to its all-round ethos, co-curricular activities and pastoral approach
• Anyone working in a school environment must have a sexual offender’s clearance certificate.
To apply please click on the following link before the closing date of 4 June 2021:
Applications received via email will not be considered. Applications must be done via the link above only.
St Stithians College is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes appointments within the context of its transformation imperatives