St Stithians Girls' College - Locum Geography Teacher
- Post Date:4th Feb 2021
- Views 129
St Stithians College is a proudly South African school, embracing diversity and offering a distinctive educational experience. Founded as a Methodist Church School, our Christian spirituality is central to our identity. Our College consists of primary and secondary boys’ and girls’ schools, together with a co-educational junior primary school. We are an independent, non-profit institution located on an expansive green campus in Sandton, Johannesburg. In addition, St Stithians incorporates Kamoka Bush School near Modimolle, and the Thandulwazi Maths & Science Academy on our Campus. As a College, we are intent on Inspiring Excellence and Making a World of Difference.
Within the Girls’ College we strive to produce confident young women who are able to lead a life of conviction and purpose.
The College’s Methodist focus offers our young women important guiding principles enabling of this life of purpose which is central to the Saints Honour Code, namely “Honour God, Honour others and Honour self”. The Girls’ College provides a safe, nurturing and inclusive community where young women are encouraged to explore, experiment and investigate.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced individuals who believe they have the required skills and competencies to take on this position from 28 April 2021 – 3 December 2021.
The requirements for this position are:
• A suitable professional qualification and appropriate educational experience
• A degree in the appropriate subject area is a prerequisite
• A passion for the subject
• Good organisational and administrative skills
• Previous experience in an IEB school would be an advantage
• A sound and progressive understanding of international trends in girls’ education and 21 st century learning
• The ability to create and sustain relationships with students and colleagues in our College environment
• An unequivocal commitment to team teaching in a busy school
• Willingness to embrace rapid changes in education, and an interest and ability to integrate ICT and technology into teaching and learning
• A commitment to our pastoral care and leadership programmes
• Flexibility to adapt to the changing needs of the College
• A commitment to on-going personal and professional development
• An awareness of the nature of the school and willingness to commit to its all-round ethos and co-curricular activities
• Proof of registration with SACE supported by a sexual offender’s clearance certificate
To apply please click on the following link before the closing date of 12 February 2021 https://stithian.jb.skillsmapafrica.com/. Applications received via email will not be considered. Applications must be done via the link above only. Please note that due to technical issues applicants should use a PC and not a phone, notepad, etc. to create an account.
St Stithians College is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes appointments within the context of its transformation imperatives