St Stithians Junior Preparatory - Educational Psychologist
- Post Date:29th Mar 2021
- Views 193
St Stithians College is a proudly South African school, embracing diversity and offering a distinctive educational experience. Founded as a Methodist Church School, our Christian spirituality is central to our identity. Our College consists of primary and secondary boys’ and girls’ schools, together with a co-educational junior primary school. We are an independent, non-profit institution located on an expansive green campus in Sandton, Johannesburg. In addition, St Stithians incorporates Kamoka Bush School in the Waterberg Mountains, and the Thandulwazi Maths & Science Academy on our Campus. As a College we are intent on Inspiring Excellence and Making a World of Difference.
The Junior Prep is known as the Gateway to St Stithians College and offers co-ed education for Grades RR to 2. Our Christian values and innovative curriculum provide a strong foundation for life and learning. Children are encouraged to explore their unique talents in our nurturing and supportive environment.
The College invites applications for the abovementioned full-time permanent position which will be available from 10 May 2021 or by mutual agreement.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced individuals who believe they have the required skills and competencies to take on this position.
The requirements of the position:
• Conduct therapeutic interventions with Preparatory school boys, girls and staff
• Have experience in working with a social justice curriculum in the 4-9 age group
• Co-ordinate a Social and Emotional Learning Curriculum from Grade RR- Grade 2
• Provide guidance and support to school staff
• Liaise with the school community
• Intervene in conflict situations through negotiation and mediation
• Facilitate workshops and in-house training, with children and/or parents
• Attend relevant conferences and presentations
• Willingness to work in a multi-disciplinary academic support team
• Master’s degree in Educational Psychology and current registration with HPCSA as an Educational Psychologist
• Commitment to working with young students, parents and staff
• An understanding of co-education. Appropriate educational experience in a Junior Preparatory school would be preferable
• Strong communication and inter-personal skills with the ability to work as part of a team
• Flexibility regarding time, particularly regarding trauma and crises with the ability to prioritise, multi-task and work under pressure
• Computer literacy with a sound knowledge of Microsoft Office
• SACE registration would be an advantage
• A sound and progressive understanding of the South African curriculum and international trends in education
• A commitment to on-going personal and professional development
• An awareness of the nature of our school and willingness to commit to its all-round Christian ethos, transformation journey, co-curricular activities and pastoral approach
• Proof of a sexual offender’s clearance certificate
To apply please click on the following link before the closing date of 30 March 2021 https://stithian.jb.skillsmapafrica.com/
Applications received via email will not be considered. Applications must be done via the link above only Please note that due to technical issues applicants should use a PC and not a phone, notepad, etc. to create an account
St Stithians College is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes appointments within the context of its transformation imperatives
The College reserves the right not to proceed with this post. Applications are invited from South African citizens. An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview or appointment and failure to meet the minimum requirements of the advertised post will result in applicants automatically disqualifying themselves from consideration.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted