Thandulwazi Maths & Science Academy (St Stithians College): Thandulwazi Intern-Teacher Training Programme 2022
- Post Date:17th May 2021
- Views 270
The Thandulwazi Maths & Science Academy is one of the eight schools of St Stithians College funded through Thandulwazi Trust and St Stithians College. Established in October 2005, the Academy advances the teaching and learning of Maths and Science in schools in and around the Gauteng Province.
Thandulwazi Intern-Teacher Training Programme 2022
ARE YOU INTERESTED IN A CAREER AS A TEACHER?
St Stithians College is offering prospective teachers the opportunity to study towards a part-time 4-year Bachelor of Education (B.Ed.) in Foundation Phase or Intermediate Phase (B.Ed.) Senior/FET Phase Maths and Science or 2-year Post Graduate Certificate in Education (PGCE) while gaining workplace experience at St Stithians College. Successful candidates will be appointed from January 2022.
Preference will be given to aspiring individuals who are:
• Passionate about exploring a career in teaching ECD/Foundation Phase, Mathematics and Physical Sciences, and languages
• Students already registered in one of the above courses
• Current Grade 12 learners eager to explore a career in teaching who display strong academic results especially in Mathematics and Science
• South African citizens
• From previously disadvantaged groups and/or students in need of financial assistance
Benefits you will receive:
• A monthly stipend
• Mentoring by experienced teachers
• Valuable professional training and workplace experience within an independent school environment
In addition, you may qualify for one or more of the following benefits, depending on your financial needs’ analysis:
• Payment of tuition fees at UNISA and a textbook allowance
• Daily meal allowance during term time
• Workshop conference allowance
• A monthly stipend
Please note that accommodation and transport subsidies are not offered as part of this programme.
If you would like to apply for this wonderful opportunity, please apply online by clicking on the following link: DirectHire
Closing date for Applications: 7 June 2021
Please do not phone or email the College directly as we will only consider applications that have been submitted via the online application process. Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The Trust and the College reserve the right not to proceed with filling this post. Applicants are invited from South African citizens. An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview or appointment and failure to meet the minimum requirements of the advertised post will result in applicants automatically disqualifying themselves from consideration.